Books at Amazon.com

Weimaraner Books for your reading pleasure





Google
 

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Rest In Peace My Dearest Swizzle

Australian Champion Britfeld Quake N Shake A.I.
"Swizzle"
19th October 1994 ~ 3rd November 2008

It's always the phone call no one wants to get . . .

Tom called on the evening of 3rd November 2008 to say Swizzle had gone to Rainbow Bridge that morning.

Swizzle was one of 3 very precious puppies from the only successful artificial insemination using frozen semen from American Champion Wismar's Jack Daniels B.R.O.M. (USA).

She gained her conformation title with ease, gaining In Group awards and numerous Best of Breed awards.

During the time of my separation from my ex-husband Swizzle spent time with Michael and Helen Eames and became Dale's best friend. It was not unusual to find Dale and Swizzle in the sand pit or making like a duck in the kiddy pool. Where ever Dale went, Swizzle followed. She was kind of his guardian angel not just his best friend.

Swizzle had spent quite a good part of her life at the Eames home during a very difficult time in my own life and although Michael and Helen said it did not matter how long it took to sort out my life, Swizzle could come home to me when I asked for her. This was so generous however I felt it would not be right and certainly very selfish of me to take her back after so much time had gone by and she had become so attached to Dale and Dale to her, so I made the decision that Swizzle could stay with the Eames family.

I had a trip to Albury for a show and stayed with Michael, Helen, Dale and Kaylie and of course Swizzle. As much as I tried not to cry I couldn't hold back my tears. By week end end Michael and Helen insisted Swizzle could come back to me. I had already been living in my own home for some time so there was absolutely no reason that she couldn't.

Ziggy and Dotty took no time at all to get back to the way things were when Swizzle was with them years ago and so it was for three dogs sleeping on my bed with me. Seems D0tty was the only one who knew how to share a double bed with two other dogs and one human.

Swizzle succeeded in pushing me out of bed, while I was fast a sleep from which I awkened very quickly once I landed on the floor next to the bed.

Ziggy successfully fell out of bed, rolled towards the window and broke it.

Dotty continued to sleep peacefully, though I am sure she was sniggering under her breath!

Everything was going great guns until the council came around to do random checks on pet registrations . . .

I was home from work, Dotty, Ziggy and Swizzle were in the house with me, a knock at the door and all three rushed to the door and barked, only two were registered, Swizzle was not, she was registered in Albury still.

Directive from council;

- one dog must go plus a fine.

How things work out . . .

Tom and June lost their Shari (Dotty's litter sister) and were now ready for another dog. June called wanting to know if I had puppies. I did but I suggested they consider Swizzle.

They came over, in record time, all the way from Phillip Island to Cranbourne West and fell in love instantly.

Swizzle went home with Tom and June who also had their son David living with them. One guess who became best friends immediately ??? Yep David and Swizzle.

Swizzle came for the odd holiday when the Lording's went away on holiday and for a visit when they came for a lunch or dinner. It was wonderful to see her. Of course I went to visit her also :o) She had settled really well but never forgot me. She would just about jump out of her skin when she saw me.

I have started to upload images of Swizzle on Picasa Web, you can see her album here.

Rest In Peace my darling Swizzle.

I love you heaps.

No comments:

Followers ...

Want To Know When Britfeld Weimaraners Blog Is Updated?

       
 

Subscribe Britfeld Weimaraners in NewsGator Online

Add Brifeld Weimaraners to Google Reader or Homepage

Subscribe Britfeld Weimaraners in Rojo

 

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to The Free Dictionary

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to netvibes

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to My AOL

Subscribe Britfeld Weimaraners in Bloglines

Subscribe Britfeld Weimaraners to Bitty Browser

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to netomat Hub

Subscribe Britfeld Weimaraners in NewsAlloy

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to Plusmo

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to Excite MIX

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to fwicki

Receive IM, Email or Mobile alerts when new content is published on Britfeld Weimaraners Blog.

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to Webwag

Add Britfeld Weimaraners  to MyYahoo!

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to Attensa

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to ODEO

 

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to Pod Cast Ready

Subscribe Britfeld Weimaraners in podnova

Add Britfeld Weimaraners to Pageflakes

 
   

+ Britfeld Weis 2 flurry